Morning Coffee 9-1-11
A robust blend of news from Naval Air Station Patuxent River, NAVAIR, the Pentagon and beyond.
- Super Committee needs to fix war contracting. Commission releases full report on OIF/OEF contracting.
- Snapshot of Congress’ appropriations bill schedule.
- Navy undersecretary asks Navy and Marines for lower-cost alternatives to the JSF.
- Roundup of 2010-2013 Super Hornet contracts.
- China says carrier’s sea trials “attained objectives.”
- Hot Chinese J-20 weapons bay action.
- Video: Coast Guard rescues Navy pilots.
- In all the budget cutting, don’t forget the helos.
- Future Navy could have fewer cruisers and carriers.
- NAVAIR plans to expand biofuel testing (subscription required).
- Pax air traffic controller wins American Legion’s Spirit of Service award.
- Defense industry feels Tea Party pinch.
- Was this the email that opened the Lockheed and Northrop system hacks?
- SAIC profits down 6.3 percent (subscription required). Stock was down 0.4 percent ahead of announcement.
The Lexington Park Leader provides this feature as a survey of the news affecting the military economy at Pax River. The opinions expressed here do not necessarily reflect those of the Leader’s owners or staff.