Morning Coffee 8-26-11
A robust blend of news from Naval Air Station Patuxent River, NAVAIR, the Pentagon and beyond:
- PDF: Dense document details debt deal (sorry).
- China report says People’s stealth fighter not ready until 2018. New photos show J-20′s weapons bays.
- China report asks why PLA needs new high-tech weapons. Hawks use report to fight defense cuts (subscription required). China says US is exaggerating the threat. Report also highlights ties between the two nations.
- Remaining JSF planes back in the air.
- Damaged Hornet hitches a ride with Air Force cargo.
- Ships pull out of Norfolk to avoid hurricane Irene.
- Habitat for Humanity dedicates home built by Pax chiefs. ‘Dream come true‘ for family.
- NAVAIR’s unpaid interns earn respect.
- Great Mills streetscaping nearly complete.
- Defense stocks, a better bet than U.S. treasury bonds? L-3 gets downgraded from ‘buy’ to ‘hold.’