Trinity Episcopal Church
After the first English settlers in Maryland landed at what would become St. Mary’s City in 1634, they established the first Trinity Church at Trinity Creek. Four years later, the church was moved to St. Mary’s City, and, in 1829, construction began on the present day Trinity Church.
Trinity Church is part of the St. Mary’s Parish, which also includes St. Mary’s Chapel in Ridge. The parish is a member of the Episcopal Diocese of Washington.
The mission of St. Mary’s Parish is:
- to be the family of God
- to know Christ
- to make Christ known
- to love God in Christ through our worship and service to others
The Vestry Goals for the Parish are:
- to respond to growth
- to deepen the spirituality of the congregation
- to deepen the members’ commitment to the mission of the Church
- to develop new sources of income for the parish
- to respond to changing staffing needs
- to meet the changing program needs of the parish