Morning Coffee 9-8-11
A robust blend of news links about Naval Air Station Patuxent River, NAVAIR, the Pentagon and beyond.
- JSF could get schooled by Russian jets? Lockheed says F-35 is part of the “security infrastructure” of the nation. Recent grounding cost the JSF program time (subscription required), but testing still ahead. Lockheed planning buybacks, dividends and acquisitions to boost share price.
- General Dynamics gets $38.4 million for NAWCAD support at Pax River.
- Rep. McKeon ramps up campaign against DoD cuts. Senate Appropriations Committee recommends $26 billion cut (subscription required) to Pentagon’s 2012 budget request. Zero chance of defense appropriations bill passing on time? Pentagon’s top-down force review won’t appear until next year.
- MV-22 Osprey takes Panetta to NYC.
- Pax River Air Expo celebrates Naval Aviation Centennial.
The Lexington Park Leader provides this link feature as a survey of the news affecting the military economy at Pax River. The opinions expressed here do not necessarily reflect those of the Leader’s owners or staff.